Introducing Energy Flexibility
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 - 16:30 to 16:50
Hub sessions - Energy Revolution Europe - Flexibility is the Key
Stream locationTheatre ERE
Introducing Energy Flexibility Interface (EFI)
- Next to the business value of energy flexibility, there is a strong need for flexible use of energy flexibility.
- Flexibility should be usable in different current and future scenarios; especially end-users with flexible energy-equipment must have freedom of choice to select or switch between energy service providers.
- Energy system will require changes in the way energy-flexibility is utilized. Applicable open standards for flexible utilization of flexibility will add robustness various usage scenarios.
- An interface for communicating only energy flexibility and its allocation
- EFI messages are about a single device; no aggregated info
- Lightweight: minimal amount of information to describe flexibility
All presentations in this stream
- 14:00 Session Introduction
- 14:00 The Evolution of the TSO Role in an Increasingly Distributed and Volatile Environment
- 14:20 Integrating and Optimizing Distributed Energy Resources in Utility Operations
- 14:40 Digital Solutions for the Operation of Today's and Future Grids
- 15:00 Debate - The Demand Response Aggregation: Opportunities, Challenges and Barriers
- 15:30 Sector Connection for Decarbonisation: the Flexibility Potential from Heating and Cooling Technologies
- 15:50 The consumer as key resource to bridge the gap between renewables and system stability
- 16:10 Seestadt Aspern in Vienna as an example of a future distribution grid infrastructure.
- 16:50 Success Story Cases: Advanced Analytics for a Flexible Energy System
- 17:10 Panel: Flexibility is the Key