Asset Management of Electric Power Distribution Cables Using Non-Destructive Technology
Stream locationTheatre Big Data & Analytics
The importance of cable diagnostic testing to verify the true condition (Health Index) of cable assets and the many benefits of using a non-destructive technique to protect cable assets. How Hydro Ottawa has incorporated this testing method into their asset management plan and the financial benefits as well as improvements with reliability they have seen for the past 6 years.
- Cable testing and diagnostics of in-service underground power distribution cables using the NRC
- The application of the NRC health index on prioritizing cable replacement plans in Hydro Ottawa.
- The application of the NRC health index on the development of cable asset management plans for rejuvenated cables and solving many of the asset management issues at Hydro Ottawa.
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Introduction by the chairperson
- 10:00 Beyond the hype - using IOT data and more in utilities asset industries.
- 10:20 Optimizing the Asset Life-cycle with Digital Asset Management
- 10:40 AI and Machine Learning are driving change in the Utility industry
- 11:00 From strategy to reality – EOI in practice
- 11:20 Creating a data-rich platform for responsive asset-management
- 11:40 Large scale roll-out and usage of a sensor network at Enexis
- 12:00 Digital Asset and Network information to deliver a sustainable energy future.
- 12:20 Data driven T&D Asset Management
- 12:40 Business Driven Grid Analytics Capability Deployment
- 13:00 Extension of useful life of asset by means of analytics