UPGRID, proven solutions for operating present and future LV networks. Evaluation and opportunities
Stream locationTheatre H2020 Bridge
Real proven solutions to enable active demand and distributed generation flexible integration, through a fully controllable LOW Voltage (LV) and medium voltage distribution grid] project is developing and validating solutions to enable the implementation of advanced functionalities over existing technology, to form a truly integrated intelligent system to be ready for operating the grid of the future. With this project an improvement in the monitoring and controllability of LOW Voltage and medium voltage grids is expected, in order to handle the technical challenges associated with the integration of Distributed Energy Resources (DER), as end-users get closer to the energy system (e.g. increase consumer participation in the market). To achieve all this UPGRID relies on four big demonstrators which are in operation now and reporting useful information. UPGRID is a HORIZON 2020 EC funded project.
- What the UPGRID project is and its objectives.
- Description of the UPGRID demonstrators (Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Poland), evaluation and results achieved so far.
- How the operation and management of LV networks will be in the near-future?
All presentations in this stream
- 10:00 Panel: Key ingredients to enable new business models
- 11:00 INTENSYS4EU: INTegrated ENergy SYStem, a Pathway FOR Europe
- 11:20 H2020 inteGRIDy project
- 11:40 NobelGrid: Smart energy for people.
- 12:00 GOFLEX - Business Models demonstrated in a cellular energy system based on 100% renewables
- 12:40 Elsa: Energy Storage based on 2nd Life Batteries - 6 Pilots in 4 EU-Countries