Wednesday, October 4, 2017 - 11:40 to 12:00
Hub sessions - Energy Revolution Europe - Showcasing the future of digital renewables
Stream locationTheatre ERE
- As a leading investor in low-carbon energy in the UK, EDF Energy is developing and testing a wide range of low carbon technologies including solar to help to meet the country’s future energy needs.
- EDF Energy has partnered with Lightsource to develop and trial Sunplug – a new smart solar solution for residential households, combining solar panels, home battery storage and Home Energy Management System (an intuitive app to monitor and optimise energy use).
- The solution is available to customers at no upfront cost and saves them money on their electricity bill as well as providing the ability to generate and use low carbon energy as they need it.
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Session Introduction & launch of “Digitalisation & Solar” report
- 09:40 Empowering our smart clients and prosumers
- 10:00 The virtual power lines
- 10:20 Renewable energy and the impact and possibilities for the e-Mobility infrastructure in Europe
- 10:40 Coffee Break
- 11:00 GridSense
- 11:20 Enabling the ability to respond to context in real-time, fuelled by a diversity of data
- 12:00 Generating highly accurate solar installed capacity & location data using satellite imagery
- 12:20 Panel: Successes and Challenges of the Digital Era for Renewables