CrowdNett: the First Dutch Virtual Power Plant of Aggregated Home Batteries
Stream locationTheatre Storage
Eneco introduced in 2016 as one of the first European reseller the Tesla Powerwall. But already started to develop services based on this, and other home batteries. In 2016 we introduced ‘CrowdNett’, a sharing concept. We use partly the capacity of the home batteries and use it, aggregated, for ancillary services (PCR for TSO). As a result we can offer the customer a discount on their installation and a yearly gratification which makes the CrowdNett formule a very compelling offer. In the integration, we work closely together with development teams of Tesla, SolarEdge and Ampard. CrowdNett is now starting to enter other region’s like Germany with utility partner LichtBlick.
In the presentation we focus on the integration, the balancing market, the customer concept and future developments.
1. How to aggregate home batteries from a technology and commercial perspective
2. The development of a business model from selling hardware to a ‘sharing’ concept
All presentations in this stream
- 14:00 Session Introduction
- 14:10 New Technologies Unlocking Flexibility in the Energy Sector
- 14:50 In-Home Battery Systems in the USEF Controlled Micro Grid
- 15:10 INTERFLEX, Nice Smart Valley
- 15:30 Coffee Break
- 16:00 Challenges and Opportunities to Large Scale Battery Storage Development
- 16:20 HT-TES: High Temperature Thermal Energy Storage
- 16:40 Panel Discussion