Seestadt Aspern in Vienna as an example of a future distribution grid infrastructure.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 - 16:10 to 16:30
Hub sessions - Energy Revolution Europe - Flexibility is the Key
Stream locationTheatre ERE
The evolution of the future infrastructure operators /DSO´s role in an increasingly distributed and volatile environment!
- Experiences of monitoring and managing future distribution grids under the presence of massively growing of smart buildings and distributed energy resources (including distributed generation, flexible loads, etc.).
- Experiences with a traffic light concept approach for using the same distributed electrical flexibility for a.) self consumption of Smart Building; b.) Smart Markets requirements (bundling via virtual power plants) and c.) handling of local LV distribution grid congestions
- Outlook: future challenges and concepts, next steps
All presentations in this stream
- 14:00 Session Introduction
- 14:00 The Evolution of the TSO Role in an Increasingly Distributed and Volatile Environment
- 14:20 Integrating and Optimizing Distributed Energy Resources in Utility Operations
- 14:40 Digital Solutions for the Operation of Today's and Future Grids
- 15:00 Debate - The Demand Response Aggregation: Opportunities, Challenges and Barriers
- 15:30 Sector Connection for Decarbonisation: the Flexibility Potential from Heating and Cooling Technologies
- 15:50 The consumer as key resource to bridge the gap between renewables and system stability
- 16:30 Introducing Energy Flexibility
- 16:50 Success Story Cases: Advanced Analytics for a Flexible Energy System
- 17:10 Panel: Flexibility is the Key