Panel Discussion: From Smart Cities to Digital Urban Platforms
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 - 16:40 to 17:30
Summit sessions - Sustainable & Smart City - From Smart Cities to Digital Urban Platforms
There is a live question for this session in the EUW 2017 app! You can start voting during the panel. Question: What is the biggest barrier to creating low-carbon cities?
- In what ways are the development of smart cities and the energy transformation converging?
- What is the role of new platforms in the development of smart energy cities?
- What is the relationship between different platform initiatives – for city data, IoT applications, smart energy, smart grids etc? How do they intersect?
- What is the role of standards in establishing platforms for urban energy innovation?
- How should utilities engage with city open/big data initiatives – what are the opportunities, what are the risks?
- What are the most exciting opportunities for utilities in emerging smart city/digital platforms?
All presentations in this stream
- 14:00 Introduction by the Chairperson
- 14:10 The Evolution of Smart Integrated Infrastructure
- 14:30 Utility & City Hubs of Tomorrow
- 14:50 Smart neighborhoods, Energy commitment, Not a wishful thinking ... anymore
- 15:10 Platforms and Protocols
- 15:30 Coffee Break
- 16:00 Markets for Grids
- 16:20 A Saas Platform for Sustainability