Goodbye Customers, Hello Consumers - Using Customer Data Beyond Energy to Build the New Utility Relationship
Stream locationElicium 1
Utilities have a unique opportunity to respond to growing household needs for a trusted energy advisor. However, to meet this opportunity requires a fundamental shift in mind-set: from focusing on energy customers, to recognising consumers. Marrying a shift in mind-set with new consumer technologies presents the utility of the future with the chance to not just respond to a wider array of consumer needs, but to effectively determine those needs. This has the potential to place the utility in an unchallengeable position within any consumer journey. This presentation will draw on proprietary consumer science data from collaborations between Cranfield School of Management (UK) and Enervee (US) to illustrate the potential of engaging consumers to drive the utility forward to becoming the trusted energy advisor.
1. Marrying a shift in mind-set with new consumer technologies presents the utility with new possibilities.
2. Illustrating the potential of engaging consumers to drive the utility forward to becoming the trusted energy advisor.
3. Discuss the potential to place the utility in an unchallengeable position within any consumer journey.
All presentations in this stream
- 14:00 Session Introduction
- 14:30 DIGITALIZATION – COOPERATION – TRUST The Importance of Sectorial Integration for the Energy Transition
- 14:50 Accelerating the customer centric energy transition
- 15:10 Aggregator of DER: Barriers and Recommendations for a Comprehensive Market Development
- 15:30 Coffee Break
- 15:50 Retail Energy Market liberalization in Brazil and introduction of DER
- 16:10 Driving Value and Differentiation via Energy Disaggregation
- 16:30 A Global Review – Innovations Bringing Value to Energy Customers
- 16:50 Panel: Strategically Applying Innovative Technologies in Retail - Learning to Listen to the Customers