InterFlex : European energy players join their forces to foster the energy transition
Stream locationTheatre H2020 Bridge
In a fast-paced and competitive world, modernization is a priority that requires Energy actors to explore new concepts. In particular, DSOs must find ways to optimize electric power systems while integrating increasing shares of renewables (more than 50% by 2030) in a stable and secure way.The InterFlex project, as a response to the Low Carbon Energy LCE-02-2016 call, investigates the interactions between flexibilities provided by energy market players and the distribution grid. Interflex has brought together 20 partners across the European Union (5 DSOs, equipment manufacturers, research institutes) to explore flexibility solutions such as Demand Response, cross energy services, energy storage and the overall smartening of the distribution grid.
- Customer empowerment: consumers shall participate actively in the energy market, and benefit from local flexibilities (e.g., e-mobility)
- Go-to-market : mature technologies should be tested against new business models for deployment in the near future
- Durability: Associated advanced solutions must be adapted and proven efficient to ensure replicability, interoperability and viability of the project’s concepts.
All presentations in this stream
- 10:00 Panel: Main obstacles to engage customers
- 11:00 FLEXICIENCY: how to accelerate data and service exchange across Europe.
- 11:20 InteGrid: integrating consumers and technology into intelligent Distribution System Operation.
- 11:40 STORE&GO: Demonstrating Opportunities for Power-to-Gas on European Level
- 12:20 Invade