Active Network Management for Distribution System Operators: Opportunities and Challenges
Stream locationTheatre ERE
This presentation will give an outlook on future roles of DSOs and how improved decision support approaches can play a role in active network management within this evolving context. The presentation will illustrate the challenges (harvesting flexibility, calculating set-points and dispatching them) when moving towards active grid management implementations, and how the research agenda of EnergyVille aims to bridge the gap.
1. Challenges of distribution grid management in a new, evolving context.
2. Opportunities and solutions for distribution grid operators to deal with the coming challenges.
3. Decision support for grid operators : what does it include and how should it be envisioned.
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Session Introduction
- 09:40 Balancing the System with High Share of RES
- 10:00 Solar Power Forecasting for Intraday and Day-Ahead Markets
- 10:20 Making the 100% RE Solutions Happen
- 10:40 Beyond Bankrupt Bankables
- 11:20 Consumer Acceptance – Public Acceptance and Infrastructure
- 11:40 SMAP Project
- 12:00 Production Planning in the Non-Interconnected Islands
- 12:20 Creating the Low Carbon Society
- 12:40 Panel: Balanced Integration of Renewables