GOFLEX - Business Models demonstrated in a cellular energy system based on 100% renewables
Stream locationTheatre H2020 Bridge
GOFLEX supports the cellular bottom-up approach: On the first level, each prosumer and each microgrid tries to achieve a balance between generation and consumption. On the next level local energy retailers act as virtual power plant operators who try to achieve a balance between local generation and consumption. The TSO in this model has rather the role of an insurance, if the mechanism fails. The key question is, apart from how to get enough local generation capacity, how can such a system collect enough flexibility to be stable and how can the local DSO benefit from it.
- The cellular approach: The bottom-up energy system based on local distributed energy resources
- Trading local energy and flexibility: Local business models enabled by the GOFLEX Platform solutions
- GOFLEX Trial Sites – Use cases demonstrating the cellular bottom-up approach
All presentations in this stream
- 10:00 Panel: Key ingredients to enable new business models
- 11:00 INTENSYS4EU: INTegrated ENergy SYStem, a Pathway FOR Europe
- 11:20 H2020 inteGRIDy project
- 11:40 NobelGrid: Smart energy for people.
- 12:20 UPGRID, proven solutions for operating present and future LV networks. Evaluation and opportunities
- 12:40 Elsa: Energy Storage based on 2nd Life Batteries - 6 Pilots in 4 EU-Countries