Elsa: Energy Storage based on 2nd Life Batteries - 6 Pilots in 4 EU-Countries
Stream locationTheatre H2020 Bridge
The presentation will focus first on how the project Energy Local Storage Advanced system (ELSA) brings distributed storage solutions to maturity. The project’s objective is to enable their integration into the energy system and their commercial use. ELSA addresses existing development needs by combining 2nd life batteries with an innovative local ICT-based Energy Management System in order to provide a low-cost, scalable and easy-to-deploy battery energy storage system. Decentralised small- and medium-size energy storage systems provide much greater operating flexibility than today’s energy systems. They ensure a reliable energy supply for buildings and districts and thus enable the integration of a high share of intermittent renewable energy sources.
- Project vision and background
- Batteries in (local) energy transition
- Why ELSA is trialling Energy Storage Systems with 2nd Life Batteries
All presentations in this stream
- 10:00 Panel: Key ingredients to enable new business models
- 11:00 INTENSYS4EU: INTegrated ENergy SYStem, a Pathway FOR Europe
- 11:20 H2020 inteGRIDy project
- 11:40 NobelGrid: Smart energy for people.
- 12:00 GOFLEX - Business Models demonstrated in a cellular energy system based on 100% renewables
- 12:20 UPGRID, proven solutions for operating present and future LV networks. Evaluation and opportunities