Behavioral Change Driven by Smart Meters
Stream locationTheatre Smart Metering
The presenter will discuss which way of presenting feedback is the most effective for behavioural change in households: visualisation, gamification, norm setting & goal setting. They will also learn what the different effects are from feedback systems like in-home displays, smart thermostats, apps, websites and reports.
This presentation handles an assessment of success from a behavioural perspective. This is the first Dutch empirical Meta-study on the subject.
The main elements which will be discussed are:
1. How many energy savings can be reached by feedback systems?
2. Which feedback system is most effective? (In home displays, smart thermostats, websites, apps, reports)
3. What kind of functionality of feedback is most effective? (Visualisation, gamification, norm setting & goal setting)
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Session Introduction
- 09:40 The Linky Roll Out: Specifications and Key Factors of Success for a Multi-Faceted Project
- 10:00 Second Generation of Smart Metering in Italy
- 10:20 The SORIA programme – key challenges and successes
- 10:40 From Smart Metering to LV Fully Digital Networks
- 11:20 Coffee Break
- 11:40 The Roll-Out of GRDF’s Smart Gas Meters : Feedback and Outlook
- 12:00 Smart Meters: a Springboard for the Connected DNO of the Future
- 12:20 Fair Meter Pilot: radical innovation for a circular meter
- 12:40 Providing an Open, Standardized, Interoperable and Royalty-Free Smart Metering/Grid Foundation
- 13:00 Panel Discussion