A digital grid isn’t enough
Stream locationElicium 2
It is clear that the world, including energy distribution, is getting more connected and digital. In order to stay a relevant actor during and after this evolution everyone and almost everything has to adopt. Therefore, it is important to realize that it is not enough just to become digital or connected one has to become digitalized. Of course, this includes the use of modern technologies, but equally important and a must to get there is a change in mind-set as well as working culture. To become digitalized one has to use of new business models, machine learning and automation. Distribution has to become On Demand in all aspects. The important factor is that you act when there is a need. In addition to the above mentioned changes it is also important that the regulation follows the evolution and allows the DSOs to develop and make use of technologies needed for their core business.
- Strategic development of grid operators focusing on the digitalization and intelligence area
- The need for appropriate regulatory frameworks in order stimulate development of the energy sector.
- Real examples of grid digitalization and use of machine learning to foresee power outages.
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Session Introduction
- 09:40 RTE: Topic to Be Announced
- 10:00 Digital: a growth lever for new energy vectors!
- 10:20 Beyond Piloting: Lessons learned in optimizing business processes for data analytics
- 10:40 Coffee Break
- 11:00 Utility of The Future
- 11:20 Digital Transformation @ innogy
- 11:40 From wires to a platform based electricity system
- 12:20 Using Digital to Drive Fundamental Change in a Network Utility
- 12:40 Panel: topic to be confirmed