Business Driven Grid Analytics Capability Deployment
Stream locationTheatre Big Data & Analytics
Utility analytics has exploded in the last few years primarily driven by the hype around big data, data science and advanced analytics technologies, and is now seen as a strategic lever to improve assets, operations and customer satisfaction. Despite this drive many utilities are still struggling to implement analytics, either not knowing where to start, not knowing how to scale from pilot developments or attempting technology/vendor driven approaches. This presentation makes the argument for a business led and driven analytics capability deployment approach, enabled by advanced technologies and data science, based on experience from successful projects in the US and Sweden.
- Business led & driven analytics success factors and case studies (asset related)
- Analytics capability deployment across the utility from the front-line to the CEO
- Practical, collaborative and agile methods and tools
All presentations in this stream
- 09:30 Introduction by the chairperson
- 09:40 Asset Management of Electric Power Distribution Cables Using Non-Destructive Technology
- 10:00 Beyond the hype - using IOT data and more in utilities asset industries.
- 10:20 Optimizing the Asset Life-cycle with Digital Asset Management
- 10:40 AI and Machine Learning are driving change in the Utility industry
- 11:00 From strategy to reality – EOI in practice
- 11:20 Creating a data-rich platform for responsive asset-management
- 11:40 Large scale roll-out and usage of a sensor network at Enexis
- 12:00 Digital Asset and Network information to deliver a sustainable energy future.
- 12:20 Data driven T&D Asset Management
- 13:00 Extension of useful life of asset by means of analytics